Stratio & Balantia: pioneering initiative for digitization and big data in the energy sector
The energy sector is immersed in a technological transformation with important changes occurring simultaneously in different areas:
- Growing sensorization of energy consuming elements that generate a multitude of data and can be controlled remotely.
- An energy transition towards decarbonisation and growing electrification with an increasingly intelligent relationship with networks.
- Changes in the model of the relationship between the client and the traditional traders with the additional entry of new actors.
All these changes share a similarity: they are accompanied by more and more data. The IoT makes it possible to disaggregate energy consumption and monitor it in real time. This generation is built with demand behavior data (in the same way that demand response), and customers increasingly manage more digitized operational data themselves. Though traditionally it has not been treated as such, it is now undoubtedly a data-oriented sector. Up until now, the greatest investments in digitization have occurred in the field of operational improvement of distribution networks and in the digitalization of electric fiscal meters. Looking forwards, efforts will be progressively transferred to generate value to the customer by integrating these changes in the services provided.
At this point, Stratio and Balantia have developed a joint strategy whose objective is to substantially change the approach to the provision of energy services, now putting data in the center of the model.
The differential value lies in the ability to combine technology and data-centric models with experience and expertise in the energy field, made possible by the complementary approaches of Stratio and Balantia.
With this new approach both companies manage several of the challenges facing the sector and open up new possibilities such as:
- Data dispersion (metering, SCADAs, ERPs, CRMs, inventories, etc.) from current information silos where duplicities. Unification of a multi data store with a transversal and relational BBDD that allows exploitation of multiple variables sources.
- Robustly systematize and scale all the operations on which a service provides added value in energy (standardization of services, providing artificial intelligence to operational processes) to contribute a greater degree of accuracy to energy management.
- Segment and agilely build customized products and services for customers, significantly reducing commercial deadlines and increasing the effectiveness of sales forces.
- Preparation of clients for change in the energy generation model and in the relationship with the network by having complete information on disaggregated consumption, inventories of updated facilities, predictions of consumption, modulability of demand, etc.
Stratio is a Big Data Company and Al pioneer in offering large companies a complete digital transformation around their data through a single product.
“The use of Al will change the future of energy, in the prediction of energy production, in the balance of red energy and in knowledge, of energy consumption.” Óscar Méndez, CEO STRATIO.
Balantia is a benchmark company in the energy services, it offers integral solutions for energy efficiency and sustainability financing, operating and maintaining energy facilities.
“We have seen from the hand of our clients working intensively with a high volumen of data, from different sources, under a 100% digitized environment has become a necessity in the field of energy services, laying the necessary foundation to correct transformation of the sector.” Eduardo Olano, CEO BALANTIA.